JP On Gaming

Sunday, January 1, 2017

[Commission] Iron Lich Asphyxious

Here is a renewed version of a new collection of Cryx models.

Back in 2014 I painted then sold a copy of a later sculpt of this guy. I remember how much I hated gluing that dude together.

This older sculpt is very similar though I did not have the same issues getting this dude together as I did the other one.

I opted for a simple and rather drab paint style. It was very much a personal challenge because as you all know, I really hate painting black, but I forced myself to both use, and love it. Instead focusing on the metallic highlights. It was a much tougher exercise than I expected.

Now that I put down my brushes and considered this guy "done", I like how he came out. Drab and simple, just as I set out to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment