JP On Gaming

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Arcanicon 2016 is in the books

Arcanicon 2016 is now in the books and I was lucky enough to attend it for the third year in a row. And for the third year, the biggest draw for me, was to attend their multi-slot special adventure.

I got up at 3:30 in the morning, drove to the Nashville airport and in short order, I was off to Chicago. Would you guess that although our plane landed early, we were sent to an open space and told that we'd be waiting for twenty minutes. OH THE ANGST! To be so close to playing a game and be stuck on the tarmac. Oh the levels of suck. Finally getting to the terminal, I walked to the shuttle bus area where I found the driver catching a few Zzz's but he got me on my way immediately.

But in the end, everything turned out fine and I got to play in a morning slot.

Big blur with a lot of fun happened.

The special for this year was not as good as the previous two. We had a good table, with Akira, Paul and Nicole, Phil and Holga... Phil-H GM'd throughout all of our shenanigans. Brave fool.

For the second year in a row, I dressed up for the LARP-portion of it. Yes, I am talking about the sanity-draining, costume... now with more props and a new wig...

Julie did say the redhead suited me better... and she is kinda right. In a similar vein, at one point during the game, my good buddy Gregg-B from Denver walks up to me and says "JP, you make one ugly woman!" God bless him, he is absolutely right!

So in retrospect, I plan on returning to the con next year, hoping to see many of us out there...

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment