JP On Gaming

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Warmachine: Grey, Metropolis, and the Steelsoul keg protector

At Gencon 2014, I purchased this Convergence mini. Every year, they have a beer-theme miniature they put out, such as the Druid gone Wilder (bought and painted in 2013), the Blighted Bather (bought in 2014, painted 2015) Blindwater brew Witch doctor (bought and painted in 2015). Finally, I still have a bombardier bombshell I have yet to assemble and paint. It is the only miniature I bought for that army as frankly I dislike the look they have. And the idea of painting an army of grey robots just does not do it for me. I know I could paint them using a different scheme, but it simple does not appeal to me. I just don't feel any interest...

Although I love grey, I have this thing that began many years ago when I played 40k. Space Wolves armies all look the same. This greyness just does nothing for me. Like black, I like it for accent and highlights, but not as the base color of the army. Black and grey/metal are two things you should not expect to see in a JP-painted army. At least not a FOR-JP army...

The paint job here is simple: metal with some blue. I don't really like the final product... I just don't think it pops as well as I thought it would. Meh. This one's going to Ebay is my best guess...

Regarding the model itself, I really like it, as it is obviously based on Fritz Lang's 1927 Metropolis, a film I recently got to see in (as much an integral version as possible). The imagery is still very pognant and the effects, for the '20s are pretty good. The plot itself is about class warfare and technology, but still of definite historical value. I most definitely recommend it to historical afficionados, but also to film lovers. A moody and futuristic view of the future full of strong images.

I am a fan.

I added a picture to the post of the robot from the movie.



JP

No comments:

Post a Comment