JP On Gaming

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tyrants of Saggakar: Psionics or Occult?

I have been having conversations with players about what to allow in the Tyrants Campaign. One element players really liked from the previous campaign was the addition of psionics.

I will freely admit that I do not really care either way. That said I am a big fan of Dreamscarred Press' Ultimate Psionics. The rules are elegant flavorful, clean and very usable. One element of theirs I have issue with are the constructs and the monsters' balance they are very much overpowered.

Enter Paizo's Occult Adventures. While I am not very enthused about this product, its inclusion warrants some thought. Paizo' core books tend to be pretty good and balanced.

So my dilemma is whether I can or should allow both. On the one hand more options is always fine, on the other, I wonder if there may not be too many options. A thin razor's edge to thread on really.

I am currently leaning towards allowing both in the campaign.

Do you have a favorite, prefer one, hate the other, or want me to burn them both?

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment