JP On Gaming

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Procrastination Chronicles - of sorts

For the past two weeks, my house was invaded by family: namely, my mother-in-law and my nephew. Also, my work schedule has made it quite insane. Long hours, family, activities, summer time, GMing. All those things conspire to kill my time. And with 3 adventures to write for Gencon... well something has got to give. That something, unfortunately is my work on this blog.

Like most bloggers, I agonize over a "I should be writing something for the blog". And so I take a few moments to do so now.

When we moved to our Facebook Group, I posted a poll for people. This poll, offered the players a chance to decide the theme of next year's campaign. I am proud to announce that "Legacy of Pain" was chosen by my players. I must say that I am very thankful for their choice. Now I need to provide for their desires.

One of the Gencon adventures is something very special to me and quite complicated to pull off that I am trying to write. I am quite keen on doing this one right, but if it works, should be a very nice addition to the campaign, and something I am keep to do again.

The other one is one of those adventures that I felt when "nowhere" for a long time when suddenly it clicked. That one was different because it advanced the plot in new ways while reinforcing the "usual" feel. I really like how sometimes these adventures do not work out and you have to keep banging at it, but suddenly, they come together, become even more interesting than the "what do I want the players to learn?" you set out with.

Finally the special is on the back burner right now. I need to finish the "regular" mods first.

So there you have it folks, the latest installment of the "Procrastination Chronicles"!

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment